Calvary Christian Center believes in the importance to support our city and inspire life transformation by putting God’s love in action. We aim to create a healthy and vibrant community by linking arms with local partners, to promote personal development for those who call this city home.
How We Embrace Our Community
Below are the organizations and partners that we are fortunate to link arms with to impact our community.
CHRISTMAS SEASON RECAP & HIGHLIGHTS (PICTURES AVAILABLE)
*BLESSED OUT 1,009 PRESENTS*
**EASTER SEALS CHRISTMAS EVENT: REACHED 100+
- SENT VOLUNTEERS TO ASSIST WITH THE EASTER SEALS CHRISTMAS PARTY.
- 10+ VOLUNTEERS
- Calvary family, single mom of 5 children with two special needs kids, came and volunteered.
**ADOPT A BLOCK: REACHED 100+
- PARTNERED WITH:
- HOLLY HILL SCHOOL
- HOLLY HILL FIRE DEPARTMENT
- HOLLY HILL POLICE DEPARTMENT
- CCA BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM
- VOTER REGISTRATION
- 55 VOLUNTEERS
- Connected with 4 kids who walked 3 miles to get to Adopt A Block. Their parents had no vehicle and they were determined to get groceries for their home and be a part of the event.
- Praying with 15-20 people, and having Trevor pray in Spanish with families.
- Holly Hill School, HHFD & HHPD thanked us for what we do in the community.
**ACT OF LOVE: REACHED 1 GRANDMOTHER
- GRANDMOTHER WAS ROBBED AT WORK AND LOST ALL CHRISTMAS FUNDS.
- PROVIDED CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR HER 4 GRANDCHILDREN.
- She was so overwhelmed with joy and tears as we prayed with her and blessed her with the gifts. We told her that Jesus loves her and she said, ‘I guess He does”..
**TOY WRAPPING PARTY: 500 PRESENTS
- WRAPPED 200+ TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS OUTREACH
- 11 VOLUNTEERS
- Calvary staff joined alongside volunteers to help wrap Christmas presents and fellowship.
**FLORIDA MEMORIAL & HALIFAX HOSPITALS: REACHED 60+
- PROVIDED TOYS FOR BOTH HOSPITALS FOR KIDS WHO ARE SICK OVER THE CHRISTMAS SEASON
- 7 VOLUNTEERS
- We went to FL Memorial Hospital and met one of the nurses who works in the Pediatric unit. Lori shared with the group that she had experienced many Christmas’ in the hospital and that she could relate to being away from home on Christmas.
**IGLESIA DE DIOS PENTECOSTAL: REACHED 60+
- CHRISTMAS OUTREACH AT LOCAL HISPANIC CHURCH
- PROVIDED 50 TOYS TO KIDS
- 15 VOLUNTEERS
- Osvaldo connected with 2 families who lost everything in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
- Families came to the Love Center and got mattresses and supplies.
- One family is receiving a car that was donated enabling the husband to go back to work.
- Grant money received was used to help the 2 families that lost everything.
**AMIKIDS: REACHED 20
- PARTNERED WITH THE YOUTH DEPARTMENT
- PROVIDED 27 PRESENTS FOR CHRISTMAS
- 7 VOLUNTEERS
- Pastor Josh and the youth came to AMIkids to speak about purpose and destiny.
- Future mentorship opportunities available for the kids at this alternative school.
**SOWERS OF LOVE: TOWN OF BARRANQUITAS PUERTO RICO; TOY DRIVE 100+
- DONATED 100+ PRESENTS FOR THREE KINGS DAY CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
- GRANT MONEY WAS DONATED TO HELP ADOPT CHILDREN FOR CHRISTMAS
- Victor & Angie Santos started the Sowers of Love to bless the children and families most devastated by Hurricane Maria, in the town of Barranquitas PR. They are partnering with a local church to reach the community and the children’s cancer hospital with toys for Christmas.
**MIDNIGHT ANGELS: REACHED 70+
- PROVIDED CHRISTMAS GIFTS AND TREATS TO ALL LADIES IN THE CLUBS
- 7 VOLUNTEERS
- Praying with the ladies in the clubs, from New Smyrna Beach to Daytona Beach.
**DDC STREET OUTREACHES: REACHED 250+
- RUSS AND THE STREET OUTREACH TEAM PROVIDED FOOD TO 250+ PEOPLE
- DONATIONS RECEIVED:
- HONEY BAKED HAM CO.
- GIFT CARDS
- 6 FAMILIES (25+ people) PROVIDED WITH CHRISTMAS PRESENTS
- 40 PROVIDED WITH BUS PASSES
- STAR SHELTER PROVIDED WITH GIFTS AND FOOD
- 9 VOLUNTEERS
- 8 Salvations
- Partnered with many to reach more people for Christmas.
**FOSTER FAMILIES: REACHED 20
- LEGACY HOUSE: COBB THEATER GIFT CARDS FOR ALL RESIDENTS (6)
- PROVIDED A TOY TO EACH CHILD (3)
- HOGUE CREW: COBB THEATER GIFT CARDS FOR THE FAMILY (15)
- A grandmother came to the All for Children closet and received clothes and a gift card for her grandson she recently got custody of. She came to Calvary not knowing what to expect, and left very thankful and full of hope.
**MEN’S PRISON: REACHED 72
- CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION WITH THE MEN
- GAVE THEM GIFTS AND FELLOWSHIP
- 4 VOLUNTEERS
- Spending time connecting with the men over the Christmas story.
**CELEBRATE RECOVERY FOR WOMEN: REACHED 6
- BLESSED EACH WOMAN WITH A PRESENT
- REACHED OUT TO ONE FAMILY WITH PRESENTS FOR CHRISTMAS
- 5 VOLUNTEERS
- One woman who started the program and left, came back with her mother and thanked the women for caring and helping her get a fresh start.
**FAMILES ADOPTED FOR CHRISTMAS: REACHED 45
- 15 CALVARY FAMILES WERE ADOPTED BY CALVARY AND CALVARY FAMILIES FOR CHRISTMAS
- FAMILY OF 5; MOM IS SICK AND DAD LOST HIS JOB
- SINGLE DAD WITH 3 KIDS
- 10 SINGLE MOTHER FAMILIES; 25 CHILDREN
- FAMILY OF 7, 5 KIDS- RELATIVE WORKS AT CCA
- Pastor John Wilds took his whole family shopping to meet the needs of a single mom with 5 kids, who lost everything in the hurricane.
- Many Calvary staff participated in making this act of love a true success!
**SPECIAL NEEDS BUS: REACHED 25
- DECORATED THE SPECIAL NEEDS BUS FOR A FUN CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
- CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS AND CUPCAKES WERE PROVIDED
- Everyone loved the decorated bus and the Christmas treats.
**VIP CHRISTMAS: REACHED 114
- CHRISTMAS MEAL WAS SERVED
- GAVE ALL VIP’S A CHRISTMAS CARD, BUS PASS, AND CHOCOLATES
- Russ preached a special message to the VIP’s on love.
**CHRISTMAS EVE RECAP: REACHED 355 KIDS
- PARTNNERED WITH CALVARY KIDS
- 69 NEIGHBORHOOD BUS
- PONY RIDES, PETTING ZOO, TRAIN RIDE, MILK & COOKIES
- Many Calvary families were blessed.
**FAMILY RENEW: REACHED 30
- FAMILIES FROM THE HOLLY HILL & DAYTONA BEACH LOCATIONS
- HANGAR 15; JUMPING AND LUNCH
- Spending time with the families of Family Renew whom we are on the board of trustees.
**DOMESTIC ABUSE SHELTER: REACHED 40
- PROVIDED A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR ALL CHILDREN LIVING IN THE SHELTER
- This is the first time we have donated to this shelter and we look forward to continuing a partnership in the future.